The rising decentralization of the energy system is unveiling an enormous opportunity for energy stakeholders to leverage on big data & AI technologies to improve decision making. There are however some barriers hampering the exploitation of this potential, such as the lack of standardized big data architectures for smart grids and regulatory frameworks not enabling data sharing.
In that respect BD4NRG (Big Data for Next Generation Energy) will:
- Deliver a reference architecture for Smart Energy, which aligns BDVA SRIA, IDSA and FIWARE architectures, SAREF standard and extend COSMAG specification to enable B2B multi-party data exchange, while providing full interoperability of leading-edge big data technologies with smart grid standards and operational frameworks.
- Evolve and upscale a number of TRL 5-6 technology enablers, such as scalable sovereignty-preserving hybrid DLT/off-chain data governance, big data elastic pipeline orchestration, IoT/edge AI-based federated learning and multi-resource sharing tokenized marketplace, loosely integrate and deploy them within the TRL 7-8 BD4NRG framework.
- Deliver a TRL8 open modular big data analytic toolbox as front-end for one-stop-shop analytics services development by orchestrating legacy and/or third party assets (data, computing resources, models, algorithms).
- Validate such framework through the delivery of predictive and prescriptive edge AI-based big data analytics on 13 large scale pilots, deployed by different energy stakeholders (TSOs and DSOs power network operators, aggregators, storage/renewable assets operators, local energy communities, ESCOs, power market operators, municipalities, financial institutions and ENTSO-E), fully covering the energy value chain.
- Setup a vibrant data-driven ecosystem through the SGBDAA Alliance, which will federate new energy data providers, attract SMEs for novel energy services provisioning through cascading funding and validate a hybrid energy/industry value chain supporting B2B joint digital platforms.
Stay tuned for updates on the projects process!
HOLISTIC is a member of the consortium which was awarded the BD4NRG project!
HOLISTIC contributes to the pilot monitoring, as well as dissemination, communication and exploitation activities of the project results.
ENGINEERING - INGEGNERIA INFORMATICA SPA, Italy
NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS - NTUA, Greece
RHEINISCH-WESTFAELISCHE TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE AACHEN, Germany
EUROPEAN DYNAMICS LUXEMBOURG SA, Luxembourg
INTERNATIONAL DATA SPACES EV, Germany
EUROPEAN NETWORK OF TRANSMISSION SYSTEM OPERATORS FOR ELECTRICITY AISBL, Belgium
PANEPISTIMIO DYTIKIS ATTIKIS, Greece
ATOS SPAIN SA, Spain
FUNDACION CARTIF, Spain
UNIVERZA V LJUBLJANI, Slovenia
ENEL X SRL, Italy
REN - REDE ELECTRICA NACIONAL SA, Portugal
CENTRO DE INVESTIGACAO EM ENERGIA REN - STATE GRID SA, Portugal
UNINOVA-INSTITUTO DE DESENVOLVIMENTO DE NOVAS TECNOLOGIAS-ASSOCIACAO, Portugal
ENERCOUTIM - ASSOCIACAO EMPRESARIALDE ENERGIA SOLAR DE ALCOUTIM, Portugal
FIWARE FOUNDATION EV, Germany
CENTRICA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS BELGIUM, Belgium
NEDERLANDSE ORGANISATIE VOOR TOEGEPAST NATUURWETENSCHAPPELIJK ONDERZOEK TNO, Netherlands
ASM TERNI SPA, Italy
VIDES INVESTICIJU FONDS SIA, Latvia
COMSENSUS, KOMUNIKACIJE IN SENZORIKA, DOO, Slovenia
INTERUNIVERSITAIR MICRO-ELECTRONICA CENTRUM, Belgium
TERRASIGNA SRL, Romania
UBIMET GMBH, Austria
ELEKTRO LJUBLJANA PODJETJE ZADISTRIBUCIJO ELEKTRICNE ENERGIJE D.D., Slovenia
BORZEN, OPERATER TRGA Z ELEKTRIKO,D.O.O., Slovenia
AJUNTAMIENTO DE SANT CUGAT DEL VALLES, Spain
ELES DOO SISTEMSKI OPERATER PRENOSNEGA ELEKTROENERGETSKEGA OMREZJA, Slovenia
E-LEX - STUDIO LEGALE, Italy
OSMANGAZI ELEKTRIK DAGITIM ANONIM SIRKETI, Turkey
VEOLIA SERVICIOS LECAM SOCIEDAD ANONIMA UNIPERSONAL, Spain
STICHTING EGI, Netherlands
CINTECH SOLUTIONS LTD, Cyprus
EMOTION SRL, Italy